Healthy Living > healthy eating
Find out more about:
Last Updated: 02/13/2020
This open-faced omelet is a great way to add some veggies to your breakfast—and it can help you use up any surplus from the summer garden. Zucchini has lots of vitamins C and B-6, plus potassium.
- 1 large zucchini
- Knob of butter (about a rounded tablespoon)
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic and herb cream cheese (such as Philadelphia or Boursin)
- 3 or 4 eggs (depending on size)
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the zucchini and dice it into small pieces. Heat a medium-sized pan and add the oil and butter.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, along with the cream cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Pour in the pan with the zucchini.
- Cook on low-heat, and flip the open-faced omelet halfway through to make sure both sides cook evenly.