Dress up your morning oatmeal with some fluffy egg whites and nutrient-packed toppings.
- 3/4 cup Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- 1 /2 cups water
- 4 egg whites, beaten with a fork until frothy
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sliced bananas
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Begin cooking oats in water on the stovetop, according to package directions.
- After oats have absorbed most of the water, pour in egg whites and vanilla and whip vigorously with a fork until mixture is well blended.
- Raise the heat to medium and stir in the butter. Continue to cook for 4 more minutes, bringing oats back to a simmer and stirring frequently.
- When all the water is absorbed and the egg whites have caused the oats to puff and appear creamy, cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let the oats sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir oatmeal and add toppings
This recipe is courtesy of Quaker Oats.