Tofu is a nutritional protein and has no saturated fat or cholesterol. It’s rich in protein and provides bone-healthy minerals.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Marinate Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
- 3 tablespoons mirin (a type of rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (14-ounce) package of extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green, yellow, orange or red bell pepper or combination, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put mirin, sesame oil and vinegar in shallow dish.
- Add tofu and marinate 15 minutes. Turn and marinate an additional 15 minutes.
- Heat grill pan over high heat.
- Add tofu and cook, turning once; do not discard marinade.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and cook just until soft.
- Add the peppers, broccoli, tofu and marinade and stir-fry, tossing frequently for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of Maria’s Homemade line of prepared food, sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC.