Sea bass contains an abundant quantity of heart-healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids, which can lower bad cholesterol and benefit the cardiovascular system.
Prep Time: 8 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 18 Min
- 2 (4-ounce) sea bass fillets
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup minced scallions
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or Italian parsley)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Place a vegetable or bamboo steamer in a pot with enough water to reach the bottom of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Arrange the fish on a plate that will fit into the steamer.
- Put plate on steamer, cover and steam fish for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Carefully remove plate with the fish and pour the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with scallions, cilantro and light soy sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of Maria’s Homemade line of prepared food, sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC.