21 Beauty Hacks Every Woman Should Know
When it comes to beauty, few will complain about getting tips on how to save time and money. Follow these shortcuts that will make your hair, makeup and other beauty routines much easier. You're sure to be kicking yourself that you didn't know about these beauty secrets sooner.
21 beauty hacks every woman should know:
1. Have a chipped or overgrown manicure? Apply a coat of glitter nail polish as an optical distraction.
2. Skin products like self-tanner or moisturizer not drying fast enough? Blast them with a blow-dryer on the cool setting to speed up drying time.
3. If you're short on time or beauty supplies, use lipstick to add some color to your eyes, lips and cheeks. Just blend it in so the glow is subtle.
4. Have no energy to take your makeup off at night? Keep some makeup remover on your nightstand. Removing your makeup prevents infections and breakouts, so turn to this extra stash in a pinch.
5. Are your grey hairs showing? A messy side part can hide roots in need of a touchup.
6. Is your summer foundation now too dark? Add a little moisturizer to lighten foundation.
7. Are your feet super dry? Give your heels some TLC with an at-home foot treatment. Before you get into bed, cover each foot with foot lotion or oil. Slip on socks. You'll wake up with smooth and soft tootsies.
8. Having a battle with fly-away hair? For fine hair, spray a little hairspray on a toothbrush (one you don't use to brush your teeth, of course!) to tame fly-aways along the hair line. For coarse or thick hair, spray hairspray directly on the fly-aways and smooth it with a toothbrush.
9. Do you have thin hair? To make your hair look thicker, grab an eye shadow in the same color scheme as your mane. Slightly dust it along your part.
10. Does your lipstick not last all day? Apply lipstick and then hold a tissue over your lips. Lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue.
11. Have you had enough with frizzy hair? After a shower, grab an old but soft tee. Then, pat—don't rub—hair dry. This method will help prevent the breakage and frizz you can get after towel drying.
12. Is you mascara dried out? Revive dried mascara with a few drops of contact lenses saline solution. Just toss the mascara if it's more than three months old; otherwise, you may get an eye infection.
13. Headed out after work but no time to redo your makeup? Spritz on a face mist. It will help absorb any cakey-looking concealer or foundation. You'll be left with skin that appears fresh and dewy.
14. Is your face super dry? Don't rinse off your face cleanser. Instead, wipe it away with a tissue to help moisturize your skin.
15. Are you out of makeup remover? One of coconut oils many uses is that it can remove cosmetics. Put some on a cotton pad. Wipe over makeup.
16. Are you out of shaving cream? Conditioner makes a great shaving cream when you're traveling or low on the product.
17. Does hair always get overrun with static? To tame hair that's full of static, run a dryer sheet through your strands wherever it's staticky. Plus, your mane will smell great.
18. Do you have cracking cuticles? Soften dry cuticles by rubbing them with some lip balm.
19. Do your inner thighs chaff when working out? Lightly apply baby powder to your inner thighs and any other areas that you chafe. Thighs will stay dry and you'll smell fresh.
20. Is your skin greasy? If you don't have a blotting cloth, grab a fresh toilet seat liner from a restroom. It can act as a makeshift blotting cloth for greasy skin.
21. Are your lips thin? Make lips look plumper by mixing some peppermint oil into your lip gloss.