HealthyWomen has put together support group options to unite those affected by advanced breast cancer. Support groups can vary in format with in-person groups, virtual groups, social media pages, blogs, mobile apps and others. Support groups help connect people who are going through similar experiences and can offer information and advice related to advanced breast cancer.
HealthyWomen offers these resources for information purposes only. We do not endorse or recommend these websites specifically. Always be sure to do your own research and find support that works for you. In addition, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about advanced breast cancer and your personal treatment plan.
Support groups based on:
The following resources give support group options based on ZIP code or state and city. In addition to the groups listed below, you can:
- Call your local hospital and ask about its cancer support programs
- Ask your social worker to suggest support groups
- Talk to other patients who have tried support groups and may be able to recommend some that might also work for you
- Find your local community center, which usually has information about local resources and other support groups
- Cancer Support Community
- Facing Hereditary Cancer Empowered (FORCE) Support Meeting and Event Calendar
- Breast Cancer Now Face-to-Face Groups
- METAvivor Peer to Peer Support Groups
These support groups offer phone, email, video call and virtual support meeting options with moderators. They also provide information for the person with breast cancer, family members or someone concerned about someone else with breast cancer.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer Helpline
- Susan G. Komen Helpline
- CancerCare Online Support Group
- American Cancer Society Support Programs and Services
- Whitman-Walker Health — offers online and phone support programs for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people with cancer
- Young Survival Coalition — provides support for young women with breast cancer
- National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. — Monthly Breast Cancer Support Group
These support groups are on social media sites that offer ways to post anonymous questions, share tips or provide other advice.
These options offer peer navigation programs, webinars, online events, training and other resources.
For more information related to advanced breast cancer, check out some of HealthyWomen’s educational resources.
- You Have Advanced Breast Cancer. What’s Next?
- Understanding Advanced Breast Cancer Treatment
- How To Choose a Bra After Breast Surgery
- Where Metastatic Breast Cancer Can Spread in the Body
- Why Do Women of Color Have Worse Breast Cancer Outcomes?
- As a Breastfeeding Mom Who Also Worked as a Lactation Consultant, I Thought My Breast Lump Was a Clogged Milk Duct
- My Life Really Began When I Got My Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Ask the Expert about Advanced Breast Cancer
This resource was created with support from Sanofi.