Prep Time: 2 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 42 Min
- 1 cup millet
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups hemp milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add millet and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown and smells toasty, about 3 minutes.
- Add water, orange juice and cardamom. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed and millet is tender.
- Stir in honey, raisins and sunflower seeds. Let stand 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Divide cereal among 4 serving bowls. Top with milk and coconut.
Amount per serving: Calories: 401; Total Fat: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 62 mg; Carbohydrate: 74 g; Fiber: 6 g; Protein: 9 g.
Recipe courtesy of Living Without magazine's Best Gluten-Free Cookbook.