The editorial team and staff of HealthyWomen.Full Bio
Learn about our editorial policies
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
Servings: 16 brownies
- 2/3 cup gluten-free baking mix (such as Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Flour®)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), and grease an 8x8 inch square baking dish.
2. Stir together the gluten-free baking mix, cornstarch, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl, sifting with a fork to remove lumps. Pour in the eggs and melted margarine, and mix with a large spoon or electric mixer on low until the mixture forms a smooth batter, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish.
3. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the oven rack to prevent spills as the brownies rise, then fall during baking. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 26mg
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com