recent blog posts
- A Gift Book to Inspire and Celebrate Retirement
- 15 Irresistible Holiday Gift Finds for Health, Wellness and Beauty
- Still Need Holiday Gifts? Here Are Some of My Favorites
- Menopause and Vaginal Dryness
- My Travels on "Rhineland Discovery": A Beautiful Day in the Black Forest
- This Holiday Conversation May Help Save a Life
- Easy Ways to Stay Fit, Healthy and Sane This Thanksgiving
- The New Breastfeeding Emoji Is Missing Something Important
- Disparities Persist in Smoking Cessation
- 5 Beautiful Ways to Prep for Winter
Monday, Apr 13th 2009
Get Your Glow Back: More Makeup Tips
Recently, I posted a video of Laura Geller working her makeover magic on my face. There was so much to do (!) that we had to divide the session into separate bits. Here's more on attaining a youthful glow at any age.
Do you remember how we learned, when we were younger, how to apply blush? (Basically, I used to put it just about on every area of my face. Why did we think that was attractive and natural looking?!) Well, Laura says that's all wrong. Since we're now trying to, uh, defy gravity, the emphasis should be on bringing everything "up"; that is, shifting the emphasis to the eye area (and away from the neck and southward.)
If that natural glow - something we used to wake up with when we were younger - in your cheeks is gone, says Laura, don't despair - a little blush will bring it back and create some shape and definition to your face.
If you're inclined to order some makeup, here's a chance to purchase makeup at a generous 15% discount. Just visit the Laura Geller website and insert this code at checkout: HEALTHY.