recent blog posts
- What Would You Do to Avoid the Flu?
- Why Walking Is Good for Your Health
- Game-Day Strategies for Containing Super Bowl Calories
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
Monday, Apr 13th 2009
Get Your Glow Back: More Makeup Tips
Recently, I posted a video of Laura Geller working her makeover magic on my face. There was so much to do (!) that we had to divide the session into separate bits. Here's more on attaining a youthful glow at any age.
Do you remember how we learned, when we were younger, how to apply blush? (Basically, I used to put it just about on every area of my face. Why did we think that was attractive and natural looking?!) Well, Laura says that's all wrong. Since we're now trying to, uh, defy gravity, the emphasis should be on bringing everything "up"; that is, shifting the emphasis to the eye area (and away from the neck and southward.)
If that natural glow - something we used to wake up with when we were younger - in your cheeks is gone, says Laura, don't despair - a little blush will bring it back and create some shape and definition to your face.
If you're inclined to order some makeup, here's a chance to purchase makeup at a generous 15% discount. Just visit the Laura Geller website and insert this code at checkout: HEALTHY.