Is it that time already? How could it be that time already?
It's time for my 2018 Holiday Gift Guide.
Brimming with suggestions for seasonal shopping, I've put together a selection of gift ideas from my favorite things at this year's NY NOW Home and Lifestyle Show. Each August, I put on my media badge and walk the aisles of NY NOW held at the Javits Center in NYC to see what's new and what items would make nice gifts for the holidays. I tend to gravitate to products made by women, including mature female makers.
There's so much to choose from—jewelry and apparel, items for home and the home office, unique gifts for family, friends and even your pet. I only share products that I know are available online or at retail stores.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, LMK which ones strike your fancy. I recommend you give a gift to yourself too. Why not, you deserve it!
Let's get started …
Jewelry to Adorn You
- Nest Pretty Things are made by Tamar and Ronen. Originally from Tel Aviv, the two now live in Vermont and design colorful jewels with a touch of romantic and bohemian flare.
- Baked Beads are created by David and Robin. Also in Vermont, the two are joined by a team of 20+ who make clean, colorful jewelry, scarves and other accessories. Their crystal earrings are so pretty.
- Mu⋅Kul Goyal Jewelry caught my eye with its Ode to the phenomenal woman necklace. It's made of brass and will definitely stand out on a black top or dress. Check out their quirky and fun ID collection.
- Maya J Empowered bracelets are a reminder to face each day with a smile, breathe through the hard times and keep the faith that things will get better. Ooh, ooh, ooh, this is a great gift for a yogi. (BTW, these are one of Oprah's Favorite Things, I know how to pick the best for my readers!)
- MEND Jewelry is designed by Jorydn DiOrio from Minneapolis. Jordyn says MEND is a brand of three elements: beauty, meaning and stories. Take a look at the Pendulum collection, designed intentionally with 10 stone pairings.
Hats, PJs and Cozy-Chic Cottons
- French Knot Artisan Hand-Knit Accessories are my absolute favorite gift from NY NOW. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this entrepreneur Lindsay Mason's line of hats, gloves, hand warmers and headbands. I think this is the gift I'm going to give myself this year. French Knot works hand-in-hand with over 1,000 women artisans in Nepal to skillfully hand-knit their products using fair trade principles. Note: You can find these accessories at Anthropologie, too.
- Cotn Collection offers soft pima cotton pajamas and loungewear. I'm always on the hunt for high-quality 100 percent cotton PJs, so I was glad to see these offerings from a company run by a boomer woman.
- The Cat's Pajamas makes luxurious women's pajamas in vibrant colors and the finest fabrics. Can you tell I like PJs? The PJs come in whimsical designs with cats, dogs, leopards and other fun prints. Fabrics range from pima cotton, voile, flannel and poplin.
- Barefoot Dreams makes cozy chic attire for women, men and children, including coats, hoodies, tops, PJs and more. I was sad to learn that the boomer woman who founded this company, Annette Cook, passed away from cancer in 2012. I'm glad her company lives on in her memory.
Cheery Gifts for the Home and Home Office
- Peleg Design revolves around three basic principles: functionality, aesthetics and humor. Their products for the home and office feature the cutest designs, such as a yogi sponge holder (ooh, ooh, ooh, I just adore this sponge holder), a YolkPig egg separator and Soap Opera dish scrubber holder.
- Eternal Roses last years. These roses are preserved in such a way to stay fresh without water for up to three years!
- Rosanna tableware and home decor are designed by female boomer Rosanna Bowles. I especially like her new Farm-to-Table serving bowls and Phenomenal Women mugs.
- Gem-Water bottles are designed to transform your water and support your mind, body and spirit. Each sealed glass gem pod or vial is filled with a unique gemstone blend, providing a hygienic way to transform your daily drinking water into gem-water. There's also a gem bowl just for pets.
Gifts For Family, Friends and Even Your Pet
- PPD makes festive water and food bowls for Max the cat or the Bark, Bark Gang.
- Harry Barker sells a range of gifts for your dog to enhance play, walking, eating and sleeping. They make a Spa Day Gift Set for your dog!
- Today Is Art Day aims to bring art to its fans in ground-breaking ways. I thought their Artist Action Figures were nice gifts for those who are fond of art and art history.
- The School of Life is a global organization dedicated to developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture. I found their stationery, home and gift products to be stimulating. I liked their Emotional Baggage tags and bags.
- Gratitude Jars founder Claire Summers says her gifts are about capturing the spirit of living, life events, memories and words of love.
Happy shopping! Happy gifting!
This post originally appeared on aboomerslifeafter50.com.