Article sponsored by McNeil Consumer Healthcare
When your child’s health care provider recommends an over-the-counter medicine, it’s important to make sure you have answers to the following questions.
- Why is this medicine recommended?
- Is the generic medicine the same as the brand name?
- How much medicine should I give my child?
- What is the maximum daily dose of this medicine?
- How often should I give my child this medicine?
- What effect should this medicine have on my child's symptoms?
- Can I use this medicine with other medicines?
- Is this medicine safe if my child has diabetes or other health conditions?
- Will this medicine cause any side effects?
- How long will it take this medicine to work?
- Is there anything my child should avoid eating or doing while taking this medicine?
- Does this medicine need to be stored in the refrigerator?
- Are there other medicine options I should explore if this doesn't work?
Take these questions with you . Download PDF >
For more information on OTC medicine safety, please visit these other links: