If your hair seems dry, dull, brittle and frizzy, it's time for some TLC.
Luckily there is a simple hydration mask you can make yourself that will moisturize, nourish and calm those damaged, frizzled edges in no time.
Here is the recipe, courtesy of SeabuckWonders.
Restoring Hair Hydration Mask
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (this will vary, depending on how long and/or thick your hair is; if you need more, go for it!)
- 1-2 drops of Seed Oil
- 1-2 drops of Berry Oil
1. Scoop the coconut oil into a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for six seconds. Once the coconut oil has melted, add the oils and blend with a spoon. (Caution: don't heat the berry oil!)
2. Work the mixture into the ends of your hair.
3. Leave the oil on hair for as long as possible. (This is not the mask to put in when you're racing to work—this takes some time.) At a minimum, leave the mask in for 30-45 minutes. The drier your hair, the longer you'll want to leave it in.
Optional: To get the moisture deep into your hair shaft, use a blow drier on your oiled ends. The oil will absorb into your hair a bit, which is a good sign. Extra points if you have a hollow blow-dry hairbrush. Don't use a flat iron or curling iron. There is a chance you could overheat your hair.
4. Wash hair as usual. If you don't shampoo the oil out of your hair, anything that hasn't been absorbed will sit on your hair shaft. This can leave your hair looking and feeling oily. Depending on your hair type, you can use normal conditioner after shampooing. Finer or smoother hair types may not need a conditioner, while drier or coarser hair types may need conditioning.
Feel free to repeat this process whenever you notice your hair looking dull and unhealthy.