Breastfeeding: 10 Questions to Ask
If you plan to or have already started to breastfeed, many questions will cross your mind. Do yourself a favor and stick to these essential questions. The rest will just drive you crazy! Use these as a guide when chatting with your lactation consultant.
- How often should I breastfeed? How will I know whether my baby is getting enough milk?
- How do I prevent sore nipples?
- Can I continue breastfeeding if my breasts hurt or if I have a cold or the flu?
- Are there foods I should avoid eating while breastfeeding? What about alcohol or caffeine?
- Are there any medications that I should stop taking?
- Can you recommend a lactation consultant and support programs for new mothers?
- I've heard that I can't get pregnant while breastfeeding. Is this true?
- When should I introduce a bottle?
- What should I look for in a breast pump?
- How often should I pump when I go back to work?