recent blog posts
- Olympic Medalist Faces New Opponent: Spring Allergies
- Genetic Testing and Breast Cancer: What You Need to Know
- Mushrooms and Your Health: You Either Love Them or Hate Them, but Here Are Reasons to Try to Love Them
- Don't Let Food Allergies Keep You Away From Summer Cookouts
- Helping Patients Navigate Social Security Disability Issues
- Is Yoga on Your To-Don't List?
- 6 Belly-Flattening Food Tips
- Health Headlines in the News
- What You Need to Know About Colon Cancer
- The Rise of Emergency Room Use
Thursday, Apr 05th 2012
5 Spring Trends Anyone Can Wear
by Bethany Porter
I love exploring new trends when the seasons change. However, I am a firm believer in only adopting trends that work for you. Once you find a few to play with, trends can be a great way to refresh your wardrobe. This spring we're seeing some of the most wearable fashion to leap off the runway in several seasons. Try a few and have some fun!
- Neon: This '80s staple has returned in a more refined way that can fit in any woman's wardrobe. The best way to wear it? Statement jewelry. Brightly colored baubles are a fantastic way to dress up your daily jeans and T-shirt uniform or lend some punch to a neutral-colored dress.
- Colored blazers: These sophisticated toppers have come a long way from basic black. The newest versions come in bold hues like cobalt blue and bright pink. Throw one over a feminine top for a balanced look.
- Pastels: I especially love this trend for its versatility. Rather than exuding sugary sweetness, they give softness to spring's staple pieces like skinny jeans and pleated skirts. Pair lovely shades like mint and buttery yellow with nude shades, clean white or brighter colors. Want to ease into the trend? Try some pastel heels.
- Wedges: Fashionable and comfortable, wedges are the perfect answer to city strolling or running errands while still looking put-together. Try a pair with a fun pattern or color-blocking.
- Florals: This trend is popping up everywhere, which makes it easy to try. These buds aren't sweet or girly. This season's florals are bold and statement making. Try the trend on a button-up blouse paired with slim cut trousers or reverse that and try a printed pant.
You may also want to read:
How to Look Fresh for Spring
Bethany Porter is a blogger and beauty junkie. She believes in healthy living and that women have powerful potential for beauty both inside and out. You can find more from Bethany at her blog: http://lucky-fifth.blogspot.com/