In the spirit of the gift-giving season, I thought I would share some of my favorite things from the NY NOW Show—The Market for Lifestyle, Home + Gift—held each summer at the Javits Center in New York City. The aisles are filled with new home decor, jewelry, housewares, artisan crafts, paper goods and a whole lot more.
If you haven't finished your holiday shopping, perhaps you'll find an idea for the perfect gift for a loved one or maybe a treat for yourself. I've included items you can purchase online.
For Those Who Love Jewelry
- You can find this Portland designer's handmade glass enamel jewelry at www.taliasjewelry.com.
- If you want to sparkle, check out handmade gems at AnneVaughanDesigns.com
- These pieces are handcrafted in Himalaya. They're on the pricey side, but worth checking out on Etsy.
- Since life is a process of becoming, these delicate jewels are adorned with positive words. Find them at www.becomingjewelry.com.
Talia's Jewelry is handmade with glass enamel.
For Some Zen Time
- I love snow globes, so I totally love these Zen Snow Globes. Namaste! Go to Cool Snow Globes to buy one.
- When I heard Taschen was publishing On Yoga: The Architecture of Peace with photographs by Michael O'Neill, I asked if I could get a preview copy. I told them I was a yoga teacher in training. It is a beautiful gift for the yogini or yogi in your life. I display it on the coffee table near my in-home yoga studio.
Do you love snow globes as much as I do? Check out these Cool Snow Globes.
The photography in On Yoga is amazing. A beautiful coffee-table book for your best yogi or yogini.
For Those Who Are Forgetful
- Do you forget where you placed your keys? Now you can easily find them with the Bluetooth tracker from chipolo.net.
For Your Home
- I wanted to cuddle up in this hot pink Tibetan lamb rug. So I did. You can't buy it online, but if you contact chesterfieldleather.com, they may be willing to sell one to you. A perfect gift for your life after 50.
Can you tell why I wanted to wrap myself in this hot pink rug?
For Your Cat
- Although I don't have any pets, many of my friends and family have cats. If you're a cat lover, you'll want to visit www.kittyjones.com for handmade goods for cat-friendly homes.
For a Beautiful Body
- If you want to relax and be reminded of the beauty of the sea, give these light and fresh fragrances from Inis Energy of the Sea. Or, wait until 2016 to buy Coastal Salt and Soul products.
Inis makes lovely fresh scented products that remind you of the sea.
For Carrying Your Stuff
- I liked these totes because they have zipped closures and can be monogrammed at www.graphicimage.com.
- The colorful leather on these handbags and wallets caught my eye as soon as I turned down the aisle at the show. Check them out at www.mywalit.com.
Graphic totes come in bold colors.
My Walit makes a variety of colorful leather handbags and accessories.
For Wrapping Yourself Up, Day or Night
- There's a story to these scarves. You can read about the sari and purchase one at theredsari.com.
- Oprah picks these PJs and so do I. They are so soft and warm. You can purchase a pair at pjharlow.com
There is a story behind the red sari scarves.
These PJs are on Oprah's favorite things—as well as mine.
This post originally appeared on aboomerslifeafter50.com.