Women's Heart Health Across the Lifespan: A Health Education Roundtable
Women have unique heart health needs at every life stage. Join us for an educational roundtable moderated by renowned cardiologist Dr. Nieca Goldberg, Medical Director of NYU Women's Heart Program and Senior Advisor, Women's Health Strategy, NYU Langone Health, to learn more about heart-health issues associated with birth control decisions, pregnancy, menopause and aging, as well as chronic conditions. Dr. Goldberg and panelists will discuss the latest heart disease research specific to women’s health across the lifespan, as well as the health disparities that exist in cardiovascular disease, and will provide recommendations for how and when to discuss heart health with health care providers.
DATE: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
TIME: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch will be served.
LOCATION: Manhattan Penthouse, 80 Fifth Avenue, E 14th St, New York, NY 10011
Please RSVP HERE to register for the event.
Please click here to view our current agenda.
- Dr. Nieca Goldberg, Medical Director, Women's Heart Program and Senior Advisor for Women’s Health Strategy, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Dr. Line Malha, Nephrologist, The Hypertension Center, Cornell Medical Center
- Dr. Lauren Baldassarre, Director of the Cardio-Oncology Program, Yale Cancer Center
- Dr. Icilma Fergus, Director of Cardiovascular Disparities, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Kathy Berra, MSN, NP-BC, Past President and Founder of the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association, Stanford Prevention Research Center, Co-Director, The LifeCare Company
- Dr. Larry Chinitz, Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology and Heart Rhythm Center, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Dr. Lisa Larkin, CEO and Founder of Ms. Medicine
- Dr. John Dodson, Director, Geriatric Cardiology Program Aging and heart disease, NYU Langone Medical Center
Special thanks to our sponsors: Abiomed, Amarin Corporation, Boehringer Ingelheim, Boston Scientific, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lilly, and Novartis.
For questions about event registration, please contact Jessica Collison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about event programming, please contact Helaine Bader at email@example.com.
To prepare for the event, HealthyWoman surveyed more than 1,600 women about their views on heart health. Read the full survey report here.
Want more heart health information from HealthyWomen? All of our top heart health resources, including a deeper look into our survey results, can be found here.