Pelvic Health Specialists

Pelvic Health Specialists

Where to turn for help

Your Health

If you think you have pelvic health condition, it's important to get a proper diagnosis—which means you need to see a doctor with experience treating one or more pelvic health disorders. Several types of health care professionals treat these conditions; they include:

  • General Practitioner (GP): This is your family physician and a good place to begin discussing your symptoms. A GP doesn't have a specific medical specialty, but instead treats a variety of medical problems in patients of all ages. Your GP can refer you to a specialist who treats pelvic conditions.
  • Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN): This specialist focuses on female reproductive health, including pregnancy, childbirth and the recuperative period following delivery. You might find your ob/gyn appointment a convenient place to ask about your pelvic health concerns.
  • Urologist: This is a surgeon who treats disorders of the urinary system and can help diagnose and treat SUI.
  • Urogynecologist: This specialist treats disorders of the reproductive system and the urinary tract. A urogynecologist might be a good option if you require pelvic floor repair and SUI treatment.

Rita Wilson Is on a Mission

Wilson and her husband, Tom Hanks, contracted COVID-19 in March; now she's partnered with the American Nurses Association to urge Americans to get their flu shot

Prevention & Screenings

Iron Deficiency Anemia and Heavy Periods: What’s the Connection?

Weakness, headaches and even feeling out of breath are common symptoms, but sometimes they may point to a larger problem.

Created With Support

Why It’s Important to Speak Up About Heavy Uterine Bleeding

Heavy uterine bleeding is one of the most common gynecological complaints.

Created With Support