Are you interested in joining the HealthyWomen team? Please review the job postings below, and check back for any updates.
Consultant position with potential for Full Time position
HealthyWomen is hiring a Director of Business Development consultant who can conceive and execute marketing and development program that secures a set level of financial resources from a diversified pool of funding resources on an annual basis. This person plays a critical strategic role while having key operational responsibilities. The position reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all departments in the organization. HealthyWomen (HW) is the nation’s leading nonprofit women's health organization, with a rapidly growing digital brand focused on health and wellness. We serve women across the lifespan from 25 to 70+ and currently attract more than 180,000 visitors per month. HealthyWomen has a wide variety of media, consumer and professional partners including NBC Go Healthy NY, American Medical Women's Association, NursingCenter.com and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners that offer tremendous growth potential. HealthyWomen was named the top women's health site by Dr. Oz and has been named to The Top 100 Women's Health Websites by ForbesWoman for three consecutive years.
We are a close-knit, passionate team of professionals who are on a mission to help women live their best lives while growing HealthyWomen into a popular brand. HealthyWomen offers a collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial environment. We are eager to attract a Director of Business Development in the New York metro area who brings tremendous energy and a passion for excellence to the table. HealthyWomen is poised for significant growth, and the right candidate will play a pivotal role in realizing this growth and helping to put HealthyWomen on the map in a big way.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development will provide leadership, direction and coordination for a comprehensive development program that secures set level of financial resources from a diversified pool of funding resources on an annual basis. The DD will be expected to design, implement and manage an integrated development plan focused on increasing funding. Coordinating with the HW CEO, she/he will strategically plan and assist in managing the development operation to meet short- and long-term revenue goals; and work hands-on to cultivate and solicit new programming opportunities. The qualified candidate will assist in continuously identify, evaluate and recruit new online acquisition partners. The DD will also coordinate campaigns through all phases of launch and maintenance, including negotiation of partnerships and deals, creative development, trafficking, reporting and analysis and optimization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiate, manage; and coordinate fundraising activities, including solicitation of corporations, foundation and government funding prospects
- Prepare and execute an annual development plan that includes but is not limited to an annual campaign and or event , major gifts and multi – year grant, prospect identification
- Review the plan periodically to assess outcomes, and strategize annual goals as related to strategic plan and overall goals of the organization
- Research and apply for grants; submit progress reports
- Manage the funder relations/fundraising data
- Work closely with the Advisory Board to engage the Board in fundraising
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate income.
- Establish short- and long-term development goals, strategies and tasks based on industry research.
- Develop a central database of client leads, timelines for outreach and goals.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and appropriate follow-up action, including solicitation materials, correspondence and reports as necessary to promote participation, recognition and cultivation.
- Develop formal funding proposals and present to potential supporters.
- Work with Director of Digital Properties (DDP) to enhance already-successful programs by identifying new program offerings that will meet the needs of new and existing supporters and will allow HW to stay competitive within the digital market.
- Work with CEO to develop and track fundraising probability report
- Work with Director of Communication to identify and present and or staff conferences to expand funder relationships.
- Responsible for approving campaign promotion and distribution results for inclusion in her/his client summary reports.
- Developing and updating annual program costs (internal and external) and ensuring they are accessible online.
- Issue regular progress reports to CEO, Advisory Board donors and team
- Work with senior staff to coordinate communications and branding strategy with fundraising and programmatic efforts.
- Participate with senior staff in communications planning around message, branding and public relations.
- With HW's CEO, serve as a key liaison with the HW Board.
- Works with Director of Communications on all Board of Director reports and presentations.
- Act on behalf of the CEO as requested.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- A Bachelor's degree in business or marketing is required, MBA preferred, and a minimum of ten years’ hands-on development and marketing experience with demonstrated effectiveness and success in business development.
- A proven track record with 5-7 years of experience in the field of nonprofit fundraising experience;
- Relevant work experience in an internet or direct marketing business
- Strong problem solving skills but with the ability to handle ambiguity
- Self-learner and self-starter
- Able to execute swiftly with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience and accomplishment in creating proposals for both foundations and corporations.
- Committed to, enthusiastic about and able to articulate the mission and programs of HW, with an appreciation and respect for the traditions of the organization.
- Previous experience working with Boards of Directors required.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, editing and research skills. Detail-oriented and exacting with a creative bent.
- Adept at budget development, accounting and financial reporting.
- Ability to interact credibly with high net worth individuals, corporate and foundation executives.
- Ability to represent the organization in senior level meetings and to be an effective ambassador for its mission and programs.
- Poised, pro-active, self-assured, organized and energetic self-starter with the willingness to work hands-on to develop and execute a variety of fundraising and communications activities.
- A strategic thinker, goal-oriented, collaborative, motivated to complete tasks and succeed.
- Ability to be a hands-on implementer, a team player and a skilled manager.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial work style.
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits will be provided.
No phone calls please. Any interested candidates please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.