You're Invited to a Beauty Bash
By Sheryl Kraft
Did you ever wish you could hang out with lots of other women in your age group to commiserate about life—about getting older? Not to moan about it, but to learn ways to look and feel your best. Face it, this blog only helps from a distance, and the conversation is limited to a few paragraphs from me and some comments from you. Don't get me wrong, I love comments … I just wish the conversations could be longer, and in person. It gets really, really lonely sitting at my desk all day.
Here's some news: I'll be attending an in-person, weekend-long Beauty Bash at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City on October 1 and 2 sponsored by FabOverFifty. And I'm pretty excited for a few reasons:
- It'll give me a chance to get out of my at-home worn out work clothes (sweats and T-shirts get boring after a while, you know?) and into something a bit more fun and presentable.
- I'll have the opportunity to meet celebrity stylists, makeup artists, plastic surgeons, dermatologists and cosmetic dentists and attend seminars on wellness advances—a treasure trove worth of experts to clue me in to what is going on in the REAL world for women 50-plus.
- I'll get to visit with dermatologist Deborah Sarnoff. We recently discovered that we were second-grade classmates when she remembered, almost 50 years later, a small kindness I did for her back in second grade. My family moved away that year, and it's long gone from my memory. It's a heart-warming story that I'll share with you someday, a story that proves a good deed is never forgotten. (As I've always told my children, never burn bridges because you never know if that person will show up years later. Chances are good that they will.)
- I'll be getting my makeup done by celebrity makeup guru and Lancôme Beauty Expert Sandy Linter. So excited! Maybe she'll teach me how to finally use concealer the right way.
- You'll have a chance to win a copy of Sandy's book, The Makeup Wakeup, when you come back and visit my follow-up post.
If you live in or close to New York City or are visiting that weekend, why not consider coming, too? As a reader of Midlife Matters, you can get a 20% discount off the price of your ticket by clicking here, and entering the code MID20 at checkout. Come to the event and you'll leave not only with new knowledge, but a gift bag filled with more than $150 worth of beauty products.
Hope to see you there. If you're coming, please be sure to let me know. I'd love to meet you in person! And maybe we'll have a fun story to tell about meeting at the bash 50 years from now.
If you can't make it, don't worry—I'll be reporting back from the event, filling you in on all the latest products, procedures and more for graceful aging.
For more on aging well, click here.