(HealthDay News) -- On Halloween, excited trick-or-treaters can pose significant hazards for drivers, especially in residential areas.
The U.S. National Safety Council offers these safety tips:
- Be extra alert and cautious on Halloween, remembering to watch for children near the roads.
- Look out for children darting between parked cars.
- Use caution when entering and exiting alleys and driveways.
- Watch for children in dark clothing during twilight and later hours.
- Stay off of your cell phone while driving.
- Ask inexperienced teen drivers to avoid the car on Halloween.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Published: October 2014