recent blog posts
- Better Education Often Leads to Better Diagnosis of Arthritis
- Low Sexual Desire Is a Very Real Disorder for Many Women
- Q&A With a Tick
- Addressing Mental Health Conditions Before Stage 4: Text, Talk, Act
- 5 Ways to Enjoy a Pain-Free Vacation
- Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of Preeclampsia
- How to Maintain Beautiful Hair as You Age (Courtesy of the Late, Great Whitney Houston)
- Tylenol or Advil? Not Created Equal for Pain Relief
- Celebrate Women's Health Month by Caring for Yourself
- Get Ready for Your Big, Bold, Passionate Summer
Friday, Aug 22nd 2014
Everyone seems stressed out these days. Stress can contribute to an increase in cortisol levels (stress hormone) impacting heart disease, blood pressure and blood sugar. Clearly, stress can be detrimental to your health.
Tuesday, Aug 19th 2014
The most common myth is that once a woman goes through menopause, she becomes asexual and dried up and no longer interested in sex. Nothing could be further from the truth!
—Gynecologist Dr. Donnica Moore
Monday, Aug 18th 2014
As I continue to evolve my life after 50, I've enjoyed reading Life Reimagined: Discovering Your New Life Possibilities. Authors Richard J. Leider and Alan M. Webber use a concrete approach to help people "rethink life's meaning and discover (or rediscover) their purpose" when faced with the challenge to change.
Friday, Aug 08th 2014
While I was on the West Coast last month, I had a chance to attend a screening for the movie The Hundred-Foot Journey, which is especially endearing for these turbulent times. It tells the story of a clash between two cultures—French and Indian. Fortunately, the story has a peaceful ending, unlike cultural clashes in many parts of the world these days.
Thursday, Jul 31st 2014
I'm back from the blogosphere where I met, mingled and immersed myself in the large community of female (and a few male) bloggers at the BlogHer '14 Conference in San Jose, Calif. It's a bit like going into the clouds and not coming out for two days.
Thursday, Jul 24th 2014
This week I am at the BlogHer '14 Conference in San Jose, California. This year BlogHer is celebrating its 10th anniversary. My first conference was in 2007, the year I started blogging my countdown to 50. I remember it well.