recent blog posts
- It's Time to Be Kind to Family Caregivers
- The Truth About Your Postmenopausal Body
- Mammogram Guidelines Change—and Differ—Once Again
- Celebrating 60 in Italy
- My Foodie Retirement Project: "1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die"
- 7 Ways To Fall Off the Exercise Wagon
- Do You Want To Be Happier in 2016? "Choices" Can Help!
- The Awesome Pregnancy Perk a Start-Up Company Offers
- 5 Ways to Beat the "I Don't Have Time" Trap
- Do You Have to Give Up Your High Heels?
Tuesday, Jan 27th 2015
Rumi, the 13th-century mystic poet, was fond of saying, "Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it."
I get it. So many times I whiz back and forth in my car, covering the same areas time and time again. It's not until I get out there on my feet and slow down with a walk that I'm able to notice and take in the beautiful and minute details of my surroundings.
Friday, Jan 23rd 2015
Tuesday, Jan 20th 2015
There are Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach and Paleo. There's Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, the Grapefruit Diet, Skinny Bitch Diet and more.
Hundreds of thousands more.
In fact, there are so many that Americans spend an estimated $42 billion each year on weight-loss foods, products and services.
With so many diets out there, and so many people wanting to lose weight, how do you know which diet is right for you?
Monday, Jan 12th 2015
What more do you really need to know about stomach flu—except that it causes diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, occasional muscle aches, headache and a low-grade fever?
And it makes you feel like … never mind, I won't say that here (but you probably know what I mean).
It would probably surprise a lot of you to know that the stomach flu does not exist.
No, I'm not talking about the symptoms—they're all too real.
Tuesday, Jan 06th 2015
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and an opportunity we give ourselves to correct our foibles and failures and set (or reset) goals.
And although you might be completely and thoroughly serious and sincere about your new start and new habits, sadly, polls show that it's only a matter of months before many of them will be broken.