recent blog posts
- Heart Disease: Not Just a Man’s Disease
- 3 Major Health Threats to Women
- A River Cruise on the Douro: Visiting Favaios and Lamego
- Summer Went Up, Up and Away—in Style
- Resetting Your Exercise Mojo
- My River Cruise on the Douro: Spotlight on Salamanca
- Do You Do Enough of THIS With Your Kids?
- Do Women Really Need So Much Calcium?
- Catching Up on the Health Headlines
- My River Cruise on the Douro: Breathtaking Views
Monday, Jan 12th 2015
What more do you really need to know about stomach flu—except that it causes diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, occasional muscle aches, headache and a low-grade fever?
And it makes you feel like … never mind, I won't say that here (but you probably know what I mean).
It would probably surprise a lot of you to know that the stomach flu does not exist.
No, I'm not talking about the symptoms—they're all too real.
Tuesday, Jan 06th 2015
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and an opportunity we give ourselves to correct our foibles and failures and set (or reset) goals.
And although you might be completely and thoroughly serious and sincere about your new start and new habits, sadly, polls show that it's only a matter of months before many of them will be broken.