recent blog posts
- Living Well While Battling Breast Cancer
- Defining Moments: The Wake-up Call of Cancer
- 20 Baby Names Proved to Belong to Children on the “Naughty” List
- Are You in a Postmenopausal Desert?
- The Silent Killer: One Woman’s Story of High Blood Pressure
- The 5 Stages of Holiday Stress
- Are You an Elephant Mom or a Tiger Mom?
- Do You Like Surprise Gifts or Gifts From Your Wish List?
- HealthyWomen's Holiday Gift Guide—For You to Give or Get
- A Special Twist on a Favorite Hanukkah Dish: Moroccan Potato Latkes
Tuesday, Jun 10th 2014
If you are lucky enough have normal vision, you may take healthy eyes for granted. But if you started wearing glasses early in life or recently learned you needed them, you may be more aware of and concerned about your eyes and vision.
Friday, May 30th 2014
I was excited to review the new beauty book Toss the Gloss by Andrea Q. Robinson. Andrea's illustrious career spans more than 40 years, with chief roles at Estée Lauder, Tom Ford Beauty, Ralph Lauren Fragrances and editorial at Seventeen, Vogue and Mademoiselle.
Tuesday, May 27th 2014
Is it any coincidence that the Italian greeting “Ciao!” is pronounced like our English word for "eat up": chow?
Perhaps I'm reaching here.
Tuesday, May 20th 2014
Do you moan and groan? Or just put up and shut up?
I got the best phone call at 8 o'clock one recent morning from my older son, Jonathan. (Of course, when the phone rang that early, my first inclination was to think, "Uh-oh, what's wrong?" But that's just me. Or a lot of us, most likely.)
The call went something like this:
Tuesday, May 13th 2014
In just a few days, hubby and I are taking off for Italy (so excited!), our first big vacation together in many years (did I mention that I'm so excited?). Although I've been fortunate enough to travel to some great places recently, he has not. That's what happens when you are too busy to get away.