recent blog posts
- 70Candles! Authors Share Advice on Positive Aging
- 5 Tips for Gentle Weaning Success
- When to Seek Medical Help for an Eye Problem
- The Tech Time Bomb: Will We Forget How to Talk and Listen?
- Are You the Child of a Narcissist?
- Celebrate National Better Hearing Month With a Free Screening
- The Day That Changed My Life Forever
- Are We Overusing Antibiotics?
- 5 Little Changes, 5-Plus Big Results
- 5 Hidden Weight-Loss Saboteurs
Monday, Nov 02nd 2015
My feet feel so happy in my sneakers. With their cushioning and abundant support, they're right in sync with my love of walking, allowing me to tread comfortably for miles on end.
But I must admit, I still love heels. Yet while it's true that I no longer believe in being a slave to fashion at any cost, you have to face the fact that sneakers don't exactly make the best look with skirts, dresses or evening attire.
Tuesday, Oct 20th 2015
No one will ever know you're enjoying a massage—except for you. Wahl has come out with a Pulsing Massage Patch that you can wear on-the-go and under your clothes.
Monday, Oct 19th 2015
"Will you join me for my flu shot?" I asked my boyfriend L. "We can go together this year to get our shots. You'll hold my hand, since I am really not a fan of the needle." Plus, CVS asked me to participate in its #StayHealthyWithCVS campaign*, so I asked L to help me with photographic duties.
Monday, Oct 12th 2015
"Welcome to yoga training Methods & Techniques I," said my instructor B as she addressed our first weekend class at Lourdes Institute of Wholistic Studies in Camden, NJ. "We come together as strangers, but we leave as a tight-knit community. These are your sisters."
Monday, Sep 28th 2015
It was the last two days of our river cruise on the Douro in Portugal.*
Tuesday, Sep 22nd 2015
I know. It's NOT the new year—but I can't help it. September feels like it might as well be.
And you know what happens over the summer. We get complacent. Lazy, even. The long days stretch out and all we want to do is luxuriate in the extra light and lounge as if we're lying on the beach (even if we're not).