recent blog posts
- Living Well While Battling Breast Cancer
- Defining Moments: The Wake-up Call of Cancer
- 20 Baby Names Proved to Belong to Children on the “Naughty” List
- Are You in a Postmenopausal Desert?
- The Silent Killer: One Woman’s Story of High Blood Pressure
- The 5 Stages of Holiday Stress
- Are You an Elephant Mom or a Tiger Mom?
- Do You Like Surprise Gifts or Gifts From Your Wish List?
- HealthyWomen's Holiday Gift Guide—For You to Give or Get
- A Special Twist on a Favorite Hanukkah Dish: Moroccan Potato Latkes
Tuesday, Sep 01st 2009
I don't know about you, but I always have an endless stream on my "to do" list. And despite best intentions I'm forever hopeful I can conquer them all by multitasking. Tapping into my quick energy, I move like a hummingbird, wings all aflutter.
But you know what? I usually end up with one big mess; like discovering at 3PM that my breakfast dishes are still in the sink.
Thursday, Aug 27th 2009
In case you missed it, there's a photo that's buzzing around these days that is inspiring a LOT of attention - and not negative attention, for a change.
No airbrushing, no apologies...a photo in the September issue of Glamour of a plus-sized model baring her body without any sort of self-consciousness.
Tuesday, Aug 25th 2009
Back in May, I wrote about my blood pressure, which started to climb (just like my mother's did) when I hit my 50s, despite a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
Sometimes, heredity speaks louder than actions. Sigh.
Monday, Aug 24th 2009
Saturday night we had a small dinner party, attended by a bunch of my very oldest friends (not oldest as in age - but oldest as in how long we've known one another :) To me, there's something so unique and special about being around people who have shared so many joys and also too many losses; a quiet understanding and comfort that is hard to match.
Friday, Aug 21st 2009