recent blog posts
- What You Need to Know: "Best If Used By" Dates
- 9 Common Misconceptions About Psoriasis
- My Fabulous Vacation to Italy: Paradise Awaits in Positano
- 10 Easy Ways to Banish Bloat
- My Fabulous Vacation to Italy: A Fun Day in Florence
- How to Get Full(er) Lips
- My Fabulous Vacation to Italy: More to See in Rome
- National Immunization Awareness Month
- Overcoming Breastfeeding Challenges as a New Mom
- 7 Easy, Free and Healthy De-Stressors
Tuesday, Feb 08th 2011
I get emails about a lot of health issues. The most common ones concern age-related weight gain. Second to those are the emails about hot flashes. Yes, soon enough we’re all in this together. We all get one, or both. Rare is the mid-aged woman who escapes their grip.
Tuesday, Jan 25th 2011
The other day when I walked into my local market I was so excited to see a fruit that I miss most of the year since it only appears for a short time during the summer months...blueberries. They were back! I’ve been loading up on them ever since, thankful in a way that no one else in my house likes them so I can have them all to myself.
Tuesday, Jan 18th 2011
My post on crying got a lot of us thinking about emotions. But one comment I received from Nancy ("My optometrist told me that we actually need testosterone as well as estrogen to produce tears, which is why many women develop dry eye as they age and as the hormone levels plummet") got me thinking about another aspect of tears: the lack of them as it relates to menopause. Indeed, hormones play a significant role in lubricating our eyes.
Thursday, Jan 13th 2011
When it comes to crying, there are two kinds of people. The people who don’t need much to get the tears flowing. Like me. A sad movie, a sappy card, a beautiful melody, a cute puppy. Anything.
Monday, Jan 10th 2011
Monday, Jan 03rd 2011
Now that we’ve all had almost a week to settle into the New Year, I find myself at a tug of war with those things called “resolutions.” I used to make them until my list got too long.