recent blog posts
- 70Candles! Authors Share Advice on Positive Aging
- 5 Tips for Gentle Weaning Success
- When to Seek Medical Help for an Eye Problem
- The Tech Time Bomb: Will We Forget How to Talk and Listen?
- Are You the Child of a Narcissist?
- Celebrate National Better Hearing Month With a Free Screening
- The Day That Changed My Life Forever
- Are We Overusing Antibiotics?
- 5 Little Changes, 5-Plus Big Results
- 5 Hidden Weight-Loss Saboteurs
Monday, Jan 11th 2016
Huh? Did you read that right?
It seems counterintuitive, yes.
But according to some recent informal random comments on a post I wrote for HealthyWomen.org in 2011, people really did lose weight when they included peanuts in their diets.
Tuesday, Jan 05th 2016
Happy New Year!
That's what happens at the stroke of midnight. A chance for a redo, a new beginning, a fresh start. Many of us continue to make resolutions, year after year after year.
Staying fit and healthy is the top resolution, followed by losing weight, according to a new Nielsen survey, which also says that "just a handful" of people choose to make no resolutions at all.
Tuesday, Dec 15th 2015
Gift giving … it's a tricky business. Sometimes people are stumped for what to buy (I've been there. Stressing about what to buy someone—Will they like it? Do they need it? Will they want to re-gift it?—can be so nerve-racking and can take all the fun out of buying.)
Friday, Dec 11th 2015
In the spirit of the gift-giving season, I thought I would share some of my favorite things from the NY NOW Show—The Market for Lifestyle, Home + Gift—held each summer at the Javits Center in New York City. The aisles are filled with new home decor, jewelry, housewares, artisan crafts, paper goods and a whole lot more.
Wednesday, Dec 09th 2015
Oops, you forgot where you put your keys. Or you can't remember what's-her-name's name.
Forgetting things is a common experience, but it can be frustrating and even frightening. Yet, it doesn't have to mean all hope is lost. Whatever your age, there are ways to improve your cognitive skills.