recent blog posts
- 6 Simple Ways to Avoid Germs at the Gym
- Have Fun Getting Healthy
- Pursuing Your Passion in Your Next Act
- Facing Mortality: Live Life to the Fullest
- Why I'll Never Win a Blogging Award
- Finding Spectacular Specs at Online Eyewear Shops
- The Scary Truth About Hospital Stays
- The Benefits of Walking Your Dog
- Should You Wash Your Poultry? And Other Facts
- HPV Vaccine: Pros and Cons
Monday, Nov 03rd 2014
I've never really been fully aware of my facial expressions until I recently caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I wasn't feeling particularly gloomy or angry or even a wee bit sad. But the mirror reflected otherwise. The corners of my mouth were turned downward, and anyone who didn't know me might think I was unhappy, unfriendly, annoyed or a combination of all three.
Thursday, Oct 23rd 2014
I've been thinking about the word relinquish ever since I went to yoga class where my yoga teacher, P, talked her fellow yogis (of which I am one) through a practice to help us let go of our stress.
"Relinquish any of the tightness that is in your body," said P. (I felt my body relaxing from head to toe.)