recent blog posts
- Still Need Holiday Gifts? Here Are Some of My Favorites
- Menopause and Vaginal Dryness
- My Travels on "Rhineland Discovery": A Beautiful Day in the Black Forest
- This Holiday Conversation May Help Save a Life
- Easy Ways to Stay Fit, Healthy and Sane This Thanksgiving
- The New Breastfeeding Emoji Is Missing Something Important
- Disparities Persist in Smoking Cessation
- 5 Beautiful Ways to Prep for Winter
- Signs You May Have a Bladder Issue
- My Travels on "Rhineland Discovery": A Best-Ever Full-Day Feast in Strasbourg
Monday, Aug 15th 2016
We've all been there.
It might have been in years past, when you were premenstrual. (Remember? Water retention taken to a new level.)
Or now, when you eat too much.
Or drink too much.
Or maybe when you don't eat enough.
Or sleep enough.
Or, in other words, just about any time.
Bloating happens for so many reasons, and those reasons vary from person to person.
Friday, Aug 05th 2016
If you didn't buy your ticket to Italy after my last blog post (First Stop Rome), I think this one will make you hit the purchase button.
Monday, Aug 01st 2016
Have you ever felt like your stress meter was on full and one more thing would push that needle over the top?
Yeah, I thought so.
And if you're lucky enough to say no, I'll raise my hand. July has been one of my most stressful times ever. Without going into detail, many emotional events and challenges were topped off by one of the most stressful events for anyone: moving.
Monday, Jul 25th 2016
Our lives are filled with so much motion that can strain our body, a complex, amazing machine.
Just thinking about all the possibilities is enough to make us dizzy: we turn, bend, lift, walk, run and move. And even when we're not in motion, that brilliant machine with all its moving parts is still being challenged: It's possible, after all, that sitting, standing or even sleeping in the wrong position can strain or harm some of its parts.
Tuesday, Jul 19th 2016
Because most of us are in the thick of summer right now (with the exception of my readers in the Southern Hemisphere), you might expect from this blog's title that it will be about air conditioning in the car.
It's not—although having AC in the car can be really important to keeping your cool in summer.
But what I mean by "staying cool" is staying calm.