recent blog posts
- The Shocking Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013
- So You Think You Can't … Take Charge of Your Sex Life?
- Healthy End of Summer Food and Wine Pairings
- Refocusing on Writing My Memoir
- New Product Promises to Help Babies Sleep Through the Night
- #TotalBodyThursday: Donkey Kick Exercise
- 4 Back-To-School Things You're Forgetting to Do
- Who Needs Time to Think? We All Do
- The Hundred-Foot Journey: An Endearing Movie for Turbulent Times
- 5 Signs You’re a Breastfeeding Mother
Tuesday, Jun 17th 2014
I look forward with anticipation to the warmer weather all year long, even more so when we have extreme seasons like we did this past winter. In the summertime I feel freer, happier and more at peace. While many will disagree that 80 degrees Fahrenheit is a comfortable temperature, it's the perfect one for me.
But now that the warm weather looks like it's dug in its heels, I'm remembering that as much as I love it, it takes a certain amount of caution and planning.
Tuesday, Jun 10th 2014
If you are lucky enough have normal vision, you may take healthy eyes for granted. But if you started wearing glasses early in life or recently learned you needed them, you may be more aware of and concerned about your eyes and vision.
Friday, May 30th 2014
I was excited to review the new beauty book Toss the Gloss by Andrea Q. Robinson. Andrea's illustrious career spans more than 40 years, with chief roles at Estée Lauder, Tom Ford Beauty, Ralph Lauren Fragrances and editorial at Seventeen, Vogue and Mademoiselle.
Tuesday, May 27th 2014
Is it any coincidence that the Italian greeting “Ciao!” is pronounced like our English word for "eat up": chow?
Perhaps I'm reaching here.
Tuesday, May 20th 2014
Do you moan and groan? Or just put up and shut up?
I got the best phone call at 8 o'clock one recent morning from my older son, Jonathan. (Of course, when the phone rang that early, my first inclination was to think, "Uh-oh, what's wrong?" But that's just me. Or a lot of us, most likely.)
The call went something like this: