recent blog posts
- Americans Are Eating Too Much of This and Not Enough of These
- Natural Remedies for Pain Management
- Country Music Star Raises Awareness for Colon Cancer
- Moms: Are You Guilty of "Sharenting"?
- Get Screened: For the Health of Your Colon
- Midlife Bloggers Find Ways to Connect
- Eggs Aren't Bad After All
- Cracking Knuckles, Popping Gum and Other Auditory Annoyances
- Love Blooms at The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- Can Cutting Out Bread Products Help You Lose Weight?
Saturday, Feb 14th 2015
"Long-term relationships are strongest when romantic trips are part of their history, present, and future," says Pepper Schwartz, PhD, coauthor of Frommer's Places for Passion, and AARP sex and relationship expert. (Hear that, L? That's my boyfriend L I'm referring to. We need to plan more romantic vacations. When are you retiring?)
Wednesday, Feb 04th 2015
I used to say that I came from a family of vain women.
My dear and very attractive grandmother, born at the turn of the 20th century, valued her beauty so greatly that she'd go off on a "vacation" and emerge weeks later looking rather refreshed and rejuvenated. As I got older, I quickly caught on that "vacation" was merely her clever moniker for "face lift."
Tuesday, Jan 27th 2015
Rumi, the 13th-century mystic poet, was fond of saying, "Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it."
I get it. So many times I whiz back and forth in my car, covering the same areas time and time again. It's not until I get out there on my feet and slow down with a walk that I'm able to notice and take in the beautiful and minute details of my surroundings.
Friday, Jan 23rd 2015
Tuesday, Jan 20th 2015
There are Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach and Paleo. There's Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, the Grapefruit Diet, Skinny Bitch Diet and more.
Hundreds of thousands more.
In fact, there are so many that Americans spend an estimated $42 billion each year on weight-loss foods, products and services.
With so many diets out there, and so many people wanting to lose weight, how do you know which diet is right for you?