recent blog posts
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dead Lift to Overhead Press
- Mom's Postpartum Advice: True or False?
- So You Think You Can't … Stay Up-to-Date on Breast Cancer?
- Healthy Eating Amidst the Mess of Remodeling Our Kitchen
- Boomers Play Role In Changing Family Trends
- 10 Essential Vitamins and Nutrients Every Child Needs
- How to Tell if Your Child Has the EV-D68 Respiratory Virus
- #TotalBodyThursday: Burpee Exercise
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Suffering From Hyperemesis Gravidarum AGAIN
- 5 Steps to a Healthier Meal While Dining Out
Friday, Aug 08th 2014
While I was on the West Coast last month, I had a chance to attend a screening for the movie The Hundred-Foot Journey, which is especially endearing for these turbulent times. It tells the story of a clash between two cultures—French and Indian. Fortunately, the story has a peaceful ending, unlike cultural clashes in many parts of the world these days.
Thursday, Jul 31st 2014
I'm back from the blogosphere where I met, mingled and immersed myself in the large community of female (and a few male) bloggers at the BlogHer '14 Conference in San Jose, Calif. It's a bit like going into the clouds and not coming out for two days.
Thursday, Jul 24th 2014
This week I am at the BlogHer '14 Conference in San Jose, California. This year BlogHer is celebrating its 10th anniversary. My first conference was in 2007, the year I started blogging my countdown to 50. I remember it well.
Friday, Jul 18th 2014
"What is that mixture you are putting on my face?" I asked my aesthetician D as she slathered on a smooth mask during my facial.
"It's a papaya and yogurt mask," said D. "The healing enzymes in papaya help exfoliate the dead skin and the yogurt is soothing—a good antiaging remedy."
Tuesday, Jul 15th 2014
In a recent post, I suggested things that might be able to keep you at a good, healthy weight. In case you're wondering if they were just a figment of my imagination, I'm here to tell you the answer.
No, they're not.
There are good, legit reasons they work.
Friday, Jul 11th 2014
Do you constantly add more clothes to your already full suitcase when you travel? Do you add an extra pair of jeans because you fear that one pair just might get soiled while on the plane? Do you bring three pairs of shoes when two will do?