recent blog posts
- It's Time to Be Kind to Family Caregivers
- The Truth About Your Postmenopausal Body
- Mammogram Guidelines Change—and Differ—Once Again
- Celebrating 60 in Italy
- My Foodie Retirement Project: "1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die"
- 7 Ways To Fall Off the Exercise Wagon
- Do You Want To Be Happier in 2016? "Choices" Can Help!
- The Awesome Pregnancy Perk a Start-Up Company Offers
- 5 Ways to Beat the "I Don't Have Time" Trap
- Do You Have to Give Up Your High Heels?
Monday, Oct 12th 2015
"Welcome to yoga training Methods & Techniques I," said my instructor B as she addressed our first weekend class at Lourdes Institute of Wholistic Studies in Camden, NJ. "We come together as strangers, but we leave as a tight-knit community. These are your sisters."
Monday, Sep 28th 2015
It was the last two days of our river cruise on the Douro in Portugal.*
Tuesday, Sep 22nd 2015
I know. It's NOT the new year—but I can't help it. September feels like it might as well be.
And you know what happens over the summer. We get complacent. Lazy, even. The long days stretch out and all we want to do is luxuriate in the extra light and lounge as if we're lying on the beach (even if we're not).
Tuesday, Sep 15th 2015
Now that the summer is coming to a close, many of us feel that it's time for a fresh start, a feeling that is sometimes reserved for the beginning of the new year.
If you're among the many who are ready to get back on track with your health, or if the lazy days of summer have kept you from staying current with the latest health news, here are some recent happenings:
1. How Low Can You Go?