recent blog posts
- Giving Thanks to Family Caregivers
- Quadruple Amputee Mom Grateful to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Her Family
- "Study Drugs" Pose Serious Health Risks During Finals
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid a Food Coma?
- Raising Awareness of Alzheimer's Disease
- Thankful for Good Health
- Taking a Break From TV—and Loving It
- Oatmeal: It’s Not Just for Breakfast
- Diane Keaton Imparts Her Wisdom on Aging
- Baby Boomers Ready to Rock Old Age
Tuesday, Nov 25th 2014
Like so many Thanksgiving-themed posts, this one will not be about gratitude. Sure, there are many ways we can—and should—count our blessings on Thanksgiving. But I personally think we should get in the habit of counting those every single day.
Monday, Nov 03rd 2014
I've never really been fully aware of my facial expressions until I recently caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I wasn't feeling particularly gloomy or angry or even a wee bit sad. But the mirror reflected otherwise. The corners of my mouth were turned downward, and anyone who didn't know me might think I was unhappy, unfriendly, annoyed or a combination of all three.