recent blog posts
- Game-Day Strategies for Containing Super Bowl Calories
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid the Flu?
- 7 Ways I've Changed for the Better in 7 Years Post-50
Friday, Jan 23rd 2015
Tuesday, Jan 20th 2015
There are Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach and Paleo. There's Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, the Grapefruit Diet, Skinny Bitch Diet and more.
Hundreds of thousands more.
In fact, there are so many that Americans spend an estimated $42 billion each year on weight-loss foods, products and services.
With so many diets out there, and so many people wanting to lose weight, how do you know which diet is right for you?
Monday, Jan 12th 2015
What more do you really need to know about stomach flu—except that it causes diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, occasional muscle aches, headache and a low-grade fever?
And it makes you feel like … never mind, I won't say that here (but you probably know what I mean).
It would probably surprise a lot of you to know that the stomach flu does not exist.
No, I'm not talking about the symptoms—they're all too real.
Tuesday, Jan 06th 2015
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and an opportunity we give ourselves to correct our foibles and failures and set (or reset) goals.
And although you might be completely and thoroughly serious and sincere about your new start and new habits, sadly, polls show that it's only a matter of months before many of them will be broken.