recent blog posts
- 5 More Easy Ways to Have Your Healthiest Summer Ever
- 5 Easy Ways to Have Your Healthiest Summer Ever
- Flip-Flops Are Bad for Politicians—and for Your Feet
- My Post-50 Yoga Journey: Time to Celebrate Accomplishments
- 4 Mommy-and-Me Total Body Workouts
- Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?
- A Fabulous Day of Fashion at the Met Costume Exhibit
- Bobbi Brown's Makeup Tips
- 70Candles! Authors Share Advice on Positive Aging
- 5 Tips for Gentle Weaning Success
Tuesday, Jan 29th 2013
Prescription medication usage is rising. Over the last 10 years, the percentage of Americans who took at least one prescription in the past month climbed from 44 percent to 48 percent, says the CDC. And there was a similar climb for people using two or more and five or more. The average American fills 12 prescriptions each year, with 40 percent of adults over 60 taking five or more drugs.
Tuesday, Jan 22nd 2013
There's no shortage of advice on what to eat to maintain your health. And then, when you've finally made some choices, that's not often the end of the story. It can be mighty tough to slog through all the information that accompanies that choice. It's not just pasta, but whole-wheat, Kamut, gluten-free, artichoke flour, rice flour, whole-grain and a dizzying list of others.
Tuesday, Jan 15th 2013
Do some of your New Year's resolutions include eating healthier?
Nothing wrong with that.
But it pays to be not only educated, but also specific.
Looking for wholesome and nourishing foods can be confusing. Food items with words like "healthy," "natural" and "multigrain" might fill your shopping cart and make you feel virtuous, but the truth is, they should be approached with caution.
Friday, Jan 04th 2013
Each year, tens of thousands of people lose their lives—and many more are hospitalized—from the flu. Don't tempt fate: Below, 9 excuses or misconceptions.
I know so many people who skip flu shots year after year, insisting they're not necessary since they never catch the flu anyway. Or they just don't have the time, think the vaccine is too costly or like to tempt fate.