recent blog posts
- Tea Time: An Easy Way to Improve Overall Health
- Holiday Party Tips for Food Safety and Healthy Eating
- 10 Healthy Holiday Habits to Keep You on Track Between Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 10 Signs You Have a Leaky Gut—and How to Heal It
- 7 Tips for a Healthy Thanksgiving
- Mediterranean-Style Diet and Midlife
- Early COPD Diagnosis and Education Help Make Symptoms Manageable
- Brain Boosters
- Drink Up Coffee's Health Perks
- Exercise and Diet Help Me Manage COPD Symptoms and Live a Healthier Life
Wednesday, Nov 21st 2012
While for some of us the memories of two-week-old Hurricane Sandy might be relegated to second-hand accounts of what we've heard and read, the effects on those who experienced it firsthand can be far-reaching.
Tuesday, Nov 13th 2012
When doctors tell their patients with hypertension to shake their salt habit, there's no surprise there. Salt has been associated with high blood pressure, a risk factor for heart disease, stroke and heart-related death. Salt is deadly, some say. A public campaign to curb sodium intake is essential. After all, nearly 80 percent of our salt intake comes from processed and restaurant foods.
Friday, Nov 09th 2012
If you think weakness and brittle bones are an inevitable result of aging, think again. As women, we play many important roles in life, from caregivers to career women, and weak bones can cramp our style. However, it's possible to feel strong and agile at any age, especially if you take the right measures for maintaining healthy bones.
Tuesday, Nov 06th 2012
Are you tired of being tired all the time? Raring to go but unable to move very far? There may be forces at work that are putting undue stress on your body, zapping you of any spare energy and sending your motivation and enthusiasm into a downward spiral. Don't panic-the reason might be right in front of you.
Take a look below; maybe you'll recognize yourself in one or some of the possibilities. If so, that's one step closer to taking back your energy.
Tuesday, Nov 06th 2012
Suddenly, the holidays are looming and I’m having a really hard time wrapping my arms around that simple concept. I mean, I haven’t even cleaned out my closet yet – my summer clothes are still hanging prominently, reminding me each time I reach in for a sweater that I won’t be needing them again until April or May.