recent blog posts
- A SoulCycle Experience
- #TotalBodyThursday: Triceps Kickback
- Q&A With a Bladder
- The Surprising Way You Can Get the Flu
- Are Boomer Guys Really Different From Boomer Girls? Yep!
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dumbbell Lunge to Overhead Press
- Can You Prevent Breast Cancer?
- Drying Up in Menopause
- Celebrate Pasta—the Healthy Way!
- #TotalBodyThursday: Side Plank Leg Lift
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.