recent blog posts
- Raising Awareness of Alzheimer's Disease
- Thankful for Good Health
- Taking a Break From TV—and Loving It
- Oatmeal: It’s Not Just for Breakfast
- Diane Keaton Imparts Her Wisdom on Aging
- Baby Boomers Ready to Rock Old Age
- So You Think You Can't … Cut Your Risk of Diabetes?
- Are Longer Lives a Good Thing?
- What Children Can Learn From Losing
- One of the Craziest Birth Stories EVER
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.