recent blog posts
- Tidy Up Your Kitchen Pantry
- Olympic Medalist Faces New Opponent: Spring Allergies
- Genetic Testing and Breast Cancer: What You Need to Know
- Mushrooms and Your Health: You Either Love Them or Hate Them, but Here Are Reasons to Try to Love Them
- Don't Let Food Allergies Keep You Away From Summer Cookouts
- Helping Patients Navigate Social Security Disability Issues
- Is Yoga on Your To-Don't List?
- 6 Belly-Flattening Food Tips
- Health Headlines in the News
- What You Need to Know About Colon Cancer
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.