recent blog posts
- It's Time to Be Kind to Family Caregivers
- The Truth About Your Postmenopausal Body
- Mammogram Guidelines Change—and Differ—Once Again
- Celebrating 60 in Italy
- My Foodie Retirement Project: "1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die"
- 7 Ways To Fall Off the Exercise Wagon
- Do You Want To Be Happier in 2016? "Choices" Can Help!
- The Awesome Pregnancy Perk a Start-Up Company Offers
- 5 Ways to Beat the "I Don't Have Time" Trap
- Do You Have to Give Up Your High Heels?
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.