recent blog posts
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid the Flu?
- 7 Ways I've Changed for the Better in 7 Years Post-50
- A Holiday Wish for Peace at Home
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.