recent blog posts
- Facing Mortality: Live Life to the Fullest
- Why I'll Never Win a Blogging Award
- Finding Spectacular Specs at Online Eyewear Shops
- The Scary Truth About Hospital Stays
- The Benefits of Walking Your Dog
- Should You Wash Your Poultry? And Other Facts
- HPV Vaccine: Pros and Cons
- How to Plan Romantic Vacations During Your Life After 50
- Even a Hysterectomy May Not Protect Against Ovarian Cancer
- My Very First Half-Marathon!
Wednesday, Sep 26th 2012
No, it's not a dream: sleeping can help you lose weight. But the reasons may not all be as obvious as you think.
It's logical to think that sleeping more can help you have more energy the next day to work out. And a well-rested body is a more efficient one. Waking up refreshed might even rid you of the temptation to skip your morning workout, too.
Tuesday, Sep 04th 2012
My nest is undeniably, starkly empty. We've settled my younger daughter into her dorm room and bid farewell to my older one, who is in Germany for a semester abroad. My husband left for business in England just as the older daughter left. It's just me, the dog and the cat—and, undeniably, lots of tears.