recent blog posts
- Get the Hottest Trends in Home Décor
- #TotalBodyThursday: Bosu Ball Push-up
- Get Ready to Laugh: If Toddlers Were on Facebook
- Healthy Attitude, Healthy Aging
- Medical Mysteries Solved With Crowdsourcing
- A Simple Secret to Stress Relief: Just Breathe
- #TotalBodyThursday: Medicine Ball Squat and Press
- New Campaign Teaches Women to Love Their Stretch Marks
- The Shocking Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013
- So You Think You Can't … Take Charge of Your Sex Life?
Tuesday, Aug 28th 2012
Quick question: Can you relate to any of the statements below?
If only … I could lose that last five pounds.
Why can't I … take off the baby weight?
How can I … stop eating when I'm stressed?
Where did all that … extra weight come from?
When did I … become fat?
And then, what follows are usually some "solutions."
Wednesday, Aug 22nd 2012
Some things never get old. Take old wives' tales and folk remedies, for instance. They're forever in the background noise of our lives. Eat chocolate and angry zits will appear… step on a crack and break your mother's back…swallow your gum and it'll stay in your stomach for seven years… REALLY??
And then there's this one: Cranberries protect against urinary tract infections.
Aha! Finally found one that might be worth listening to.
Tuesday, Aug 14th 2012
Some perils associated with summer - like sunburns and heatstroke - seem mild compared with the West Nile virus. It's believed that the virus is spread when a mosquito bites an infected bird and then, in turn, bites a person.
MORE: Summer Safety
Tuesday, Aug 07th 2012
When my beloved 15-year-old Bichon, Chloe, recently died, I naturally grieved. But as time passes, instead of getting easier, in some ways, it's getting more difficult. Why? It's not just her physical presence that I miss; it's that deep and real emotional attachment and the continuous reminders of how to live life.
MORE: When a Pet Dies
Wednesday, Aug 01st 2012
It's summertime and that little voice in your head is telling you:
It's hot out-I need to drink a LOT!
By the time I'm thirsty, it's too late and I'm already dehydrated!
I need to get my eight glasses today!
Coffee and tea are diuretics and don't count toward my liquid consumption!
Confusing? Sure is. Conventional wisdom vs. truth is sometimes a tough thing to conquer.