recent blog posts
- 10 Important Steps to Better Communication With Your Doctor
- Chemical-Free Power Drink: Lemon Water
- A Midlife Woman's Wish List for Her Medical Team
- 10 Ways to Relax This Summer: Truly Unwind and Unplug to Be Happy and Balanced
- Top 10 Tips for Safe Cycling
- How to Keep a Healthy Closet
- Empty Nest Redux: Saying Good-bye to the Family Home
- Military Service and Life Insurance
- Tidy Up Your Kitchen Pantry
- Olympic Medalist Faces New Opponent: Spring Allergies
Tuesday, Jun 19th 2012
With summertime usually comes vacation time. And with that comes time spent in hotels (unless you're lucky enough to have willing hosts with big homes and hearts).
I just got finished reading about new findings from researchers at the University of Houston on the most contaminated surfaces in hotel rooms, and all I can say is…eww.
Tuesday, Jun 12th 2012
Whenever I go to the dentist and he tells me to open wide, I ask him the same question: "Do you see it?"
"See what?" he counters.
A few seconds pass before he remembers my line from the last time and slowly nods, smiling in a way that hints at a combination of compassion and smugness (my loss is his gain, after all).