recent blog posts
- Giving Thanks to Family Caregivers
- Quadruple Amputee Mom Grateful to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Her Family
- "Study Drugs" Pose Serious Health Risks During Finals
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid a Food Coma?
- Raising Awareness of Alzheimer's Disease
- Thankful for Good Health
- Taking a Break From TV—and Loving It
- Oatmeal: It’s Not Just for Breakfast
- Diane Keaton Imparts Her Wisdom on Aging
- Baby Boomers Ready to Rock Old Age
Tuesday, Jun 19th 2012
With summertime usually comes vacation time. And with that comes time spent in hotels (unless you're lucky enough to have willing hosts with big homes and hearts).
I just got finished reading about new findings from researchers at the University of Houston on the most contaminated surfaces in hotel rooms, and all I can say is…eww.
Tuesday, Jun 12th 2012
Whenever I go to the dentist and he tells me to open wide, I ask him the same question: "Do you see it?"
"See what?" he counters.
A few seconds pass before he remembers my line from the last time and slowly nods, smiling in a way that hints at a combination of compassion and smugness (my loss is his gain, after all).