recent blog posts
- This Football Stadium Is Installing Breastfeeding Suites
- On Being a Breast Cancer Survivor
- How to Look Beautiful With Mineral Makeup
- Heart Disease: Not Just a Man’s Disease
- 3 Major Health Threats to Women
- A River Cruise on the Douro: Visiting Favaios and Lamego
- Summer Went Up, Up and Away—in Style
- Resetting Your Exercise Mojo
- My River Cruise on the Douro: Spotlight on Salamanca
- Do You Do Enough of THIS With Your Kids?
Tuesday, Jun 19th 2012
With summertime usually comes vacation time. And with that comes time spent in hotels (unless you're lucky enough to have willing hosts with big homes and hearts).
I just got finished reading about new findings from researchers at the University of Houston on the most contaminated surfaces in hotel rooms, and all I can say is…eww.
Tuesday, Jun 12th 2012
Whenever I go to the dentist and he tells me to open wide, I ask him the same question: "Do you see it?"
"See what?" he counters.
A few seconds pass before he remembers my line from the last time and slowly nods, smiling in a way that hints at a combination of compassion and smugness (my loss is his gain, after all).