recent blog posts
- Why Walking Is Good for Your Health
- Game-Day Strategies for Containing Super Bowl Calories
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid the Flu?
Tuesday, Jun 19th 2012
With summertime usually comes vacation time. And with that comes time spent in hotels (unless you're lucky enough to have willing hosts with big homes and hearts).
I just got finished reading about new findings from researchers at the University of Houston on the most contaminated surfaces in hotel rooms, and all I can say is…eww.
Tuesday, Jun 12th 2012
Whenever I go to the dentist and he tells me to open wide, I ask him the same question: "Do you see it?"
"See what?" he counters.
A few seconds pass before he remembers my line from the last time and slowly nods, smiling in a way that hints at a combination of compassion and smugness (my loss is his gain, after all).