recent blog posts
- Is It Female Pattern Baldness—or Normal Hair Loss?
- Travels in Portugal: My River Cruise on the Douro
- My Travels to Portugal: Falling in Love With Lisbon
- Genetic Testing: Getting the Results
- THIS Is Why Breastfeeding Is So Important
- Help Put an End to Fat-Shaming
- Spare That Tire: The Truth About Middle-Age Belly Fat
- My Portuguese Cruise: Starting in Lisbon
- 5 Easy (and Free!) Ways to Be Happier
- Sporty Teen Girls Likely to Live Longer—So Keep Them Active
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.