recent blog posts
- Shaving Face: The Truth About Facial Hair
- Conference on Aging: An Event Worth Watching
- My Reinvention After 50: Featured on Interprize Blog
- Summertime Brings Warmer Weather—and Body Image Worries
- Why I Hope the FDA Approves "Female Viagra"
- 5 Ways Your Dog Can Keep You Healthy
- Buzzing About New Books at 2015 Book Expo America
- It's Men's Health Week: Time to Tend to Your Man's Health
- Pedaling Like Mad (and Getting Nowhere Fast)
- Health Messages That Work
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.