recent blog posts
- So You Think You Can't … Keep Your Bones Strong?
- Get the Hottest Trends in Home Décor
- #TotalBodyThursday: Bosu Ball Push-up
- Get Ready to Laugh: If Toddlers Were on Facebook
- Healthy Attitude, Healthy Aging
- Medical Mysteries Solved With Crowdsourcing
- A Simple Secret to Stress Relief: Just Breathe
- #TotalBodyThursday: Medicine Ball Squat and Press
- New Campaign Teaches Women to Love Their Stretch Marks
- The Shocking Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.