recent blog posts
- Why Walking Is Good for Your Health
- Game-Day Strategies for Containing Super Bowl Calories
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid the Flu?
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.