recent blog posts
- Facing Mortality: Live Life to the Fullest
- Why I'll Never Win a Blogging Award
- Finding Spectacular Specs at Online Eyewear Shops
- The Scary Truth About Hospital Stays
- The Benefits of Walking Your Dog
- Should You Wash Your Poultry? And Other Facts
- HPV Vaccine: Pros and Cons
- How to Plan Romantic Vacations During Your Life After 50
- Even a Hysterectomy May Not Protect Against Ovarian Cancer
- My Very First Half-Marathon!
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.