recent blog posts
- On Being a Breast Cancer Survivor
- How to Look Beautiful With Mineral Makeup
- Heart Disease: Not Just a Man’s Disease
- 3 Major Health Threats to Women
- A River Cruise on the Douro: Visiting Favaios and Lamego
- Summer Went Up, Up and Away—in Style
- Resetting Your Exercise Mojo
- My River Cruise on the Douro: Spotlight on Salamanca
- Do You Do Enough of THIS With Your Kids?
- Do Women Really Need So Much Calcium?
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.