recent blog posts
- 10 Important Steps to Better Communication With Your Doctor
- Chemical-Free Power Drink: Lemon Water
- A Midlife Woman's Wish List for Her Medical Team
- 10 Ways to Relax This Summer: Truly Unwind and Unplug to Be Happy and Balanced
- Top 10 Tips for Safe Cycling
- How to Keep a Healthy Closet
- Empty Nest Redux: Saying Good-bye to the Family Home
- Military Service and Life Insurance
- Tidy Up Your Kitchen Pantry
- Olympic Medalist Faces New Opponent: Spring Allergies
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.