recent blog posts
- It's Time to Be Kind to Family Caregivers
- The Truth About Your Postmenopausal Body
- Mammogram Guidelines Change—and Differ—Once Again
- Celebrating 60 in Italy
- My Foodie Retirement Project: "1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die"
- 7 Ways To Fall Off the Exercise Wagon
- Do You Want To Be Happier in 2016? "Choices" Can Help!
- The Awesome Pregnancy Perk a Start-Up Company Offers
- 5 Ways to Beat the "I Don't Have Time" Trap
- Do You Have to Give Up Your High Heels?
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.