recent blog posts
- Beauty Question: Help for Dry Skin?
- The Boom in Boomer Hip Replacements
- A Remarkable Story About “Woman in Gold”
- My Foodie Feast at the Fabulous Fancy Food Show
- Why I'm Not Giving Up My Skinny Jeans
- 7 Important Flossing Facts
- Shaving Face: The Truth About Facial Hair
- Conference on Aging: An Event Worth Watching
- My Reinvention After 50: Featured on Interprize Blog
- Summertime Brings Warmer Weather—and Body Image Worries
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.