recent blog posts
- Fabulous Fall Fashions Roundup
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dead Lift to Overhead Press
- Mom's Postpartum Advice: True or False?
- So You Think You Can't … Stay Up-to-Date on Breast Cancer?
- Healthy Eating Amidst the Mess of Remodeling Our Kitchen
- Boomers Play Role In Changing Family Trends
- 10 Essential Vitamins and Nutrients Every Child Needs
- How to Tell if Your Child Has the EV-D68 Respiratory Virus
- #TotalBodyThursday: Burpee Exercise
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Suffering From Hyperemesis Gravidarum AGAIN
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.