recent blog posts
- New Campaign Teaches Women to Love Their Stretch Marks
- The Shocking Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013
- So You Think You Can't … Take Charge of Your Sex Life?
- Healthy End of Summer Food and Wine Pairings
- Refocusing on Writing My Memoir
- New Product Promises to Help Babies Sleep Through the Night
- #TotalBodyThursday: Donkey Kick Exercise
- 4 Back-To-School Things You're Forgetting to Do
- Who Needs Time to Think? We All Do
- The Hundred-Foot Journey: An Endearing Movie for Turbulent Times
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.