recent blog posts
- #TotalBodyThursday: Lunge Exercise
- Free to Be Me at BlogHer '14 Conference
- So You Think You Can’t … Beat the Summer Heat
- The Beauty Benefits of Papaya
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dip Exercise
- In Defense of Eating Right
- Packing a Perfect Suitcase
- #TotalBodyThursday: Mountain Climber Exercise
- So You Think You Can't … Kick Your Sugar Habit?
- Top 4 Benefits of Infant Massage
Friday, Apr 20th 2012
I hate goodbyes. I’d rather make a quiet exit from a room than go through what to me is a somewhat awkward and difficult process. But I realize that slinking out is considered poor form; so I steel myself for the moment, convincing my better half that it’s the right thing to do, and go through the motions. And invariably, after I do, I feel a mixture of relief and vague satisfaction.
Tuesday, Apr 03rd 2012
Just when I planned on writing about this past Sunday night's 60 Minutes segment with Sanjay Gupta reporting on sugar's enormous and deleterious effects on our health, a story popped up all over the Internet that was too tempting to ignore: the published account, in April's Vogue magazine, of a mother's battle over her young daughter's weight.