How does the new health care reform act affect older women?
Health Center - Health Care Reform
Health care coverage is important for all Americans, and the Affordable Care Act will significantly change the type of coverage we have and access to that coverage. Learn more here about expansion of covered preventive services, an end to lifetime limits, reduced barriers due to preexisting conditions, mandated coverage for all Americans and other changes that may affect you and your loved ones.
Find out if the health insurance exchanges, or marketplaces, that are part of the Affordable Care Act are the right option for you.
Health care reform increases oversight of the health insurance industry and ends some discrimination.
more on health care reform
New resource helps women understand what health reform really means for them.
Download and read Fast Facts for Your Health: Health Care Reform.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation Health Reform Source
- AARP Health Care Reform
- The Commonwealth Fund Health Reform Resources
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Health Reform
- American Public Health Association Health Reform Resources