How does the new health care reform act affect older women?
Health Center - Health Care Reform
Health care coverage is important for all Americans, and the Affordable Care Act will significantly change the type of coverage we have and access to that coverage. Learn more here about expansion of covered preventive services, an end to lifetime limits, reduced barriers due to preexisting conditions, mandated coverage for all Americans and other changes that may affect you and your loved ones.
The Affordable Care Act, also known as health care reform, will change coverage for women in many ways.
Health care reform increases oversight of the health insurance industry and ends some discrimination.
talk about it now
Want to share your thoughts about the recent health care reform ruling? Join the conversation in the HealthyWomen Community.
more on health care reform
- What You Need to Know About Birth Control Coverage
- Major Changes With Health Care Reform
- More Options for Purchasing Insurance
- Insurance Regulation Changes That May Affect You
- A Perspective on Women and Health Care
- Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act
- Timeline for Health Care Reform Changes
- Health Care Reform: Where to Learn More
New resource helps women understand what health reform really means for them.
Download and read Fast Facts for Your Health: Health Care Reform.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation Health Reform Source
- AARP Health Care Reform
- The Commonwealth Fund Health Reform Resources
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Health Reform
- American Public Health Association Health Reform Resources