recent blog posts
- 7 Important Flossing Facts
- Shaving Face: The Truth About Facial Hair
- Conference on Aging: An Event Worth Watching
- My Reinvention After 50: Featured on Interprize Blog
- Summertime Brings Warmer Weather—and Body Image Worries
- Why I Hope the FDA Approves "Female Viagra"
- 5 Ways Your Dog Can Keep You Healthy
- Buzzing About New Books at 2015 Book Expo America
- It's Men's Health Week: Time to Tend to Your Man's Health
- Pedaling Like Mad (and Getting Nowhere Fast)
Tuesday, Jan 26th 2010
You're Invited to an Exclusive Event
Did you ever laugh so hard you nearly peed your pants? (I have a friend who leaks every time she cracks up.) She’s not alone. One in three women experience light bladder leakage (LBL), involuntary leakage that results from things like laughing, coughing, sneezing or exercising. This is often caused by weak pelvic floor muscles, which can be worsened by obesity, pregnancy, childbirth and hysterectomy.
It can happen at any age (my friend is just 31), but it often does increase as you get older, especially with weight gain. But no matter how old you are, it can be embarrassing, and often women are afraid to talk about it. That’s all going to change on February 10, when one of your favorite celebrity comedians reveals her new Webisode series about LBL called, "Great Women in History" at an exclusive event. Get ready, this one will have you rolling!
Are you located in or around New York City? Then you’re invited to this year's can't miss event that will have you laughing and talking about the taboo subject that is all too common in women's lives. The event is hosted by Poise®, a brand of pantiliners and pads especially designed for LBL.
Bonus: You'll have a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Chicago, spa certificates and other great prizes! But sign up soon, because space is limited to the first 150 women who RSVP.
To RSVP, email RSVP@mahercomm.com or call 212-485-6853 today!
Where: Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues), NYC
When: Wednesday, February 10, 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m (doors open at 12:45 p.m.).
Can you guess who the celebrity comedian is?