recent blog posts
- Women and Libido at Midlife
- Flibanserin Studies Continue: Will It Ever Become the Female Viagra?
- You Have a Right to Your Lab Results: New Rules Provide Direct Access
- 3 Key Supplements for Midlife Women
- Sorting Online Medical Information: New Site Takes the Guesswork Out
- Get Active in Midlife: It's Never Too Late to Start Exercising
- Will the CVS Decision to Stop Selling Tobacco Products Help Reduce Smoking?
- Survival Guide: 5 Tips for Coping With Infertility Leading Up to Valentine's Day
- Talk to Your Children About Healthy Relationships
- What to Do About Those Embarrassing Bodily Noises
Tuesday, Jan 26th 2010
You're Invited to an Exclusive Event
Did you ever laugh so hard you nearly peed your pants? (I have a friend who leaks every time she cracks up.) She’s not alone. One in three women experience light bladder leakage (LBL), involuntary leakage that results from things like laughing, coughing, sneezing or exercising. This is often caused by weak pelvic floor muscles, which can be worsened by obesity, pregnancy, childbirth and hysterectomy.
It can happen at any age (my friend is just 31), but it often does increase as you get older, especially with weight gain. But no matter how old you are, it can be embarrassing, and often women are afraid to talk about it. That’s all going to change on February 10, when one of your favorite celebrity comedians reveals her new Webisode series about LBL called, "Great Women in History" at an exclusive event. Get ready, this one will have you rolling!
Are you located in or around New York City? Then you’re invited to this year's can't miss event that will have you laughing and talking about the taboo subject that is all too common in women's lives. The event is hosted by Poise®, a brand of pantiliners and pads especially designed for LBL.
Bonus: You'll have a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Chicago, spa certificates and other great prizes! But sign up soon, because space is limited to the first 150 women who RSVP.
To RSVP, email RSVP@mahercomm.com or call 212-485-6853 today!
Where: Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues), NYC
When: Wednesday, February 10, 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m (doors open at 12:45 p.m.).
Can you guess who the celebrity comedian is?