Healthy Living > healthy eating
Find out more about:
Whole-Wheat Vegetable Lasagna
This lasagna for veggie lovers has plenty of vitamins, protein and other nutrients from the mixture of vegetables and cheeses.
- 1 (16-ounce) package whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10-12-ounce) package fresh spinach (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1 (16-ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta or mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, etc.)
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil to grease pan
- 2 cups red pasta sauce (approximately 24-ounce jar)
- 1 (10-12-ounce) package broccoli
- 1 (10-12 ounce) package mixed frozen vegetables (your choice)
- 1/2 cup white pasta sauce
- Few handfuls of shredded cheese (2% fat )
- 5-6 cheese slices
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions for al dente noodles, adding 1 teaspoon oil to water so noodles don't stick as they cool. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together spinach, cottage cheese, ricotta or mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Heat oven to 350° F (175° C). Spray or brush a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Spread 1 cup red sauce on bottom of pan and top with half of the lasagna noodles, overlapping noodles slightly.
- Layer spinach and cheese mixture, topped by the thawed broccoli and vegetable mix. Top with 1/2 cup white sauce. Repeat lasagna noodle layer and top with 1 cup red sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese and cheese slices.
- Cover with foil and bake covered 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.