Maria's Homemade Wheat Berry Dessert
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hr
Ready In: 1 Hr 10 Min
- 1 pound wheat berries
- 1/2 pound roasted almonds
- 1/2 pound pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 pound walnuts
- 1/2 pound dried cranberries
- 1/2 pound white raisins
- 1/2 pound black raisins
- 1 teaspoon of Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 teaspoons sugar or stevia
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Bring a large pot of water to a full boil and lightly salt.
2. Add wheat berries, reduce heat to a fast simmer and cook until the wheat berries are tender but still chewy, about 1 hour.
3. Mix wheat berries in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix well and let sit for one hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of the "Maria's Homemade" line of prepared foods sold at Westside Market NYC.