Jicama and Strawberry Salad
- 1 large jicama (a sweet, edible root also called Mexican turnip), peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens and spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Place jicama, onion, greens, strawberries, oranges, and sesames seeds in a large bowl.
2. Top with Parmesan and dress lightly with vinaigrette (either low-calorie premade dressing or homemade olive oil and vinegar).
Amount Per Serving Calories: 100 | Total Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg