recipe contest winners
- Chickpea Burgers submitted by Jessica Frank
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas submitted by Chel M.
- Veggie Slaw submitted by Jacqueline LeBlanc
- Vegetarian Mexican Casserole submitted by Katherine Keidel
- Sweet Potato, Basil, Chicken Ravioli in Curried Sauce submitted by Becca Friedman
Submitted by Jessica Frank (1st place winner)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 of a roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In skillet, saute the onion and garlic just until soft. Set aside and let cool.
2. In food processor, blend the chickpeas until almost smooth.
3. In a bowl mix the chickpeas,along with the other ingredients. Shape into balls and press to make burgers.
4. Grill or pan fry with small amount of olive oil. 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve on Rolls.